Call for Volunteers
The European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV) is one of the top scientific conferences on computer vision technologies and applications in the world. ECCV is held in Zürich, at the Zurich Kongresshaus (main conference) and at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (workshops), on 6-12 September 2014, chaired by Prof. Marc Pollefeys and Prof. Luc Van Gool from ETH Zürich.
ECCV 2014 is a composite event including oral and poster sessions, technical demonstrations, and industry exhibits. There are tutorials on key subjects held by distinguished scientists, as well as workshops on the most actual topics of computer vision. You can give a look to the whole program and conference organization at http://eccv2014.org
Phd students and post-docs who are interested in participating in this event can join as volunteers, giving their support to the success of the event and ensuring that the conference runs smoothly. ECCV 2014 is an excellent opportunity to meet and talk with leading academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of computer vision and meet other people from all over the world.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All volunteers should be proficient in English.
- Volunteers will be asked to work during the week of the conference to help with one or several of the following tasks (this is a non-exhaustive list):
- surveillance and technical support during sessions, with the audio-visual equipment used by speakers, presentations management and other similar tasks;
- organization support during events checking badges for entry to events, working at the registration desk, and other similar tasks;
- content creation for social media, by updating social channels of the conference (Twitter, Flickr and others) with pictures and information during the most important events and sessions;
- Becoming a volunteer involves a commitment to completely fulfill the assigned tasks during the indicated time slots. A document will be signed by each volunteer to declare the understanding and agreement to perform the assigned task.
- Volunteers should be able to join at least one preliminary meeting before the conference where they will be trained on the tasks they have to perform during the conference.
By becoming a volunteer at ECCV 2014 you receive the following benefits:
- complimentary registration to the main conference, tutorial and workshops
- free ECCV 2014 proceedings
- participation certificate
- free t-shirt
- if necessary, accommodation can be provided
Application deadline: May 1st
Selection notification: May 22nd
To apply, please fill out the following form: Volunteer application form